Okay so Alice – you are spot on! – admitting you have a problem is a new beginning. I, Rachel Dangermond, am a hoarder!
And today, I started early packing, schlepping, cleaning and letting go of stuff. And I’ll be damn if by 8 pm I was not done moving – and here is what I accomplished:
1) copious small boxes and bags were moved to the new apartment and now are spread like invasive foliage throughout the jungle apt.
2) I came to terms with my hoarding self and decided when I move again I will have a reverse house warming – I will place stuff on a table and have everyone take something instead of bring something.
3) I found Blacky a new home!!! – I talked my mover guy into taking her – his daughter fell in love with the cat – and I gave him $100 plus a month’s worth of food!
4) Bam Bam was found! – He has been at my neighbor’s who didn’t have my cell and her message got lost in my landline during the switch over from LaLa to Grand Route.
5) I’m spending my first night at the apartment – yay.
6) Here was the view as I was unloading – a completely different view from the muted hues of sunlight bouncing off the houses – now I am seeing the blazing glory of the setting sun – lovely!
7) As I drove over to my new apartment the crescent moon was hanging and smiling in the ink blue sky.
It’s all going to be okay.